The Psychology of Emerging Adulthood Research Lab (PEARL) is seeking an undergraduate Research Assistant to assist with a multi-site SSHRC-funded study on family relationships, risk, wellness and well-being in emerging adulthood. The RA will assist with participant recruitment,
screening, and scheduling; data collection with parents and young adults using an online survey and a daily survey app; database management; and preliminary data analysis (using SPSS). In addition, the RA will provide some support around knowledge transfer using social media.
– Be able to commit to up to 8 hours per week, with some flexibility in times (e.g.,
checking and responding to emails; checking data compliance from home)
– Have excellent organizational abilities
– Be able to work independently and as part of a research team
– Have a good understanding of research ethics and standards and the importance of
maintaining confidentiality of participant information
– Have working knowledge of various methods of recruitment, including social media
– Previous experience with SPSS is an asset
Starting base rate of pay is $18.00 to $22.00 per hour (depending on student level and experience). Interested students should send a letter of interest, unofficial transcript, and cv to Dr. Abby Goldstein at email@example.com by. Priority will be given to early applicants. An informal interview will follow successful applications.