The CAN Lab (Computational Affective Neuroscience Lab) at the University of Toronto St. George is looking for passionate and dedicated volunteer Research Assistants to work on various new studies in the lab. Current projects involve topics such as:
1) emotion and cognition; 2) attitudes and preferences; 3) goal-setting; and 4) stereotyping and prejudice. Depending on your skill set, your tasks will include:
– programming experiments
– recruiting research participants
– running different experiments using behavioral, physiological and/or neuroimaging methods
– preparing data for analysis
This is a great opportunity for students to gain research experience in psychology and neuroscience. Students interested in this position should:
– have a strong academic background in psychology or related fields
– be available to volunteer at least 5-10 hours a week
– have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
– be reliable and conscientious
– previous lab experience is an asset but not required
– experience with R, Inquisit, and/or other programming languages is an asset but not a requirement.
Students interested in applying should email their CV, cover letter and unofficial transcript to Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For more information about our lab, please visit our website at