Want to get involved in cold case investigation research? The Cold Case Investigation Lab is currently looking to recruit volunteer research assistants. This opportunity requires volunteers to help populate a database of Canada’s missing and murdered. Volunteer(s) should have an intellectual curiosity and passion for learning about crime, victimology, crime detection, and geographic profiling.
- Each week, student volunteers will be assigned a segment of the database to populate. The student will employ a Google search to locate demographic, crime scene, and risk factors associated with victims in the database.
- This is an entry-level volunteer position with data-entry being the primary objective.
- Student volunteers can work from home or school and can set their own hours. Hours will vary per week but can range from 5 – 10 hours.
- Students will learn the basics of data collection, entry, and cleaning.
- Students will also learn how to gain proficiency in archival and legal research.
- Students may also learn novel techniques for data visualization.
- Opportunities for advancement are also available.
How to apply:
Please email a copy of your CV or resume and a cover letter to Ayah Ellithy (email@example.com). Qualified applicants will be invited to interview.