Position: Organizational Development Student / Intern
Description: OTN is a world leader in telemedicine, helping Ontarians get more out of the health care system by bridging the distance of time and geography to bring more patients the care they need, where and when they need it. Using innovative technology, OTN streamlines the health care process, while also expanding the way knowledge is shared and how the medical community interacts with each other and with patients. An independent, not-for-profit organization, OTN is funded by the Government of Ontario.
OTN is committed to increasing access to health care for Ontarians and continuously searches for new ways to enhance health care delivery. Our continued success in achieving these goals depends on our staff and necessitates hiring talented individuals who are committed to providing superior customer service and who understand the importance of teamwork.
OTN is seeking an Organizational Development Student / Intern. As a student working with the HR&OD Team the Organizational Development student assists with the research, co-ordination, organization and implementation of various programs intended to develop all levels of employees, create an engaged learning culture and build organizational and leadership strength. This position is located in the Toronto office and reports to the Director of Organizational Development.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Assist with the planning, co-ordination of training and staff development programs to improve employee productivity and performance
- Contribute to the design of training and other employee engagement programs through research of best practices and industry trends
- Assist with the deployment and analysis of regular Employee surveys to identify opportunities for enhanced organizational effectiveness and employee engagement
- Support and contribute to a wide range of employee engagement strategies including rewards & recognition and Fun Committee
- Assist in the design and deployment of proven organization change management principles and methodology to support large and small scale organizational change initiatives as required
- Assist with the co-ordination of the monthly corporate on-boarding process for all employees including leaders
- Contribute to solutions that augment the services of HR&OD through the design of solutions on iConnect
- Familiarity with some organization development theories and methods
- Solid research skills and ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Communicates effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Leads by example, demonstrating our values
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or in progress) in related field
- Interest in or actively pursuing Master’s degree in Organizational Development or Psychology or related field of study preferred
- Other related volunteer experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession and ongoing professional development
- Works in a fast-paced environment, quickly shifts priorities and adapts to changes in process, systems and organization structures
- Works effectively both independently as well as in a virtual team environment with minimal supervision
- Results oriented; adjusts priorities or resources as required
- Utilizes Microsoft Office software, including database, spreadsheet, word-processing, presentation, electronic mail and calendaring applications
- Working knowledge of applicable occupational health and safety legislation; general knowledge of corporate/departmental policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of privacy legislation, regulations (specifically the Protection of Personal Health Information Act, Ontario 2004) and OTN policies, procedures, guidelines and communication material relevant to the protection of confidential information
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Project
- Required to undergo a criminal reference check
If you have strong communication and organizational skills and committed to excellence in delivering extraordinary customer service, check out our website: www.otn.ca. Please apply to this opportunity by clicking on the careers link on OTN’s website or forward your resume via fax: 416 446-4128 quoting– Organizational Development Student / Intern.
Interested students should email Adele Principe: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
OTN is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any OTN document required by the AODA and its standards not listed above or to receive any public document on OTN’s website in an alternate format, please contact Customerservice@otn.ca.
For users requiring Teletypewriter (TTY) Services, please contact us using the TTY service: 1-855-368-6889.