Career Exploration and Education offers a great opportunity for current U of T students (as well as recent grads of up to two years) to learn more about the various occupations of interest to you through our Career Exploration Job Shadowing Program. Note: This is a career exploration program and is not intended for job searching purposes.
These placements will take place for half a day to five days between May 7th to 18th. Below is sample list of vacancies that might be of most interest to you. The complete list of vacancies is attached.
- 6 vacancies with a Registered Dietician @ Loblaw Companies Limited (.5 day – Friday, May 11th)
- 4 vacancies with a Child Psychologist @ Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (.5 day – Wednesday, May 9th)
- 4 vacancies with a Post-doctoral Researcher/Project Manager @ Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) (.5 day, 1:00 pm to 4:00pm – Wednesday, May 9th)
- 3 vacancies with orthodontists (2 vacancies)/dentists (1 vacancy) @ several clinics in Toronto (1 day; date is negotiable)
Details for second round of applications:
- Submit an email application answering the two following questions:
- How does this career align with your values, interests, and skills? Please refer to all three in your response. (250-300 words)
- Conduct research and describe at least 5 things you learned about this career area. Mention: industry trends, roles and responsibilities, educational or licensing requirements, professional designations. (Max. 500 words)
Send all responses to Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 15th at 11:59pm
If applying to more than one placement, please rank your choices from first to fifth.
*Please note that the Spring cycle of the program runs from May 7th to 18th. All placement opportunities are half a day to five days (for further details, please contact Carol).
If your application is selected for the job shadowing program, you will be required to attend a Career Exploration CRASH COURSE Orientation. We will ask you to register only when you have been successfully placed in the program. For any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. For more details on the Extern Program, please visit cln.utoronto.ca