We have a great opportunity for current U of T students (as well as recent grads of up to two years) to learn more about the various occupations in the Education industry through our Extern Job Shadowing Program. Note: This is a career exploration program and is not intended for job searching purposes.
These placements will take place for half a day to five days between February 13-26, 2017. Please see the list of available vacancies below:
- 8 vacancies with a Psychologist @ Psychology Works (0.5 day, February 15th) – Woodbine & John Street, Markham
- 2 vacancies with a Clinical & Counselling Psychologist @ Dr. Robert Rodensky, Private Practice (1+ hours for an Informational Interview, dates negotiable) – Bay & Bloor
- 3 vacancies with a Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) @ Monarch House (2-5 days, February 14-25th) – Ford Drive & North Service Road, Mississauga
Should you be interested in participating, you will need to come in for a quick orientation briefing prior to the Extern dates, and will be required to submit your interest by Monday, January 23rd at 9:00am. In order to apply, please answer the following qualifying questions in an email to the Coordinator, Carol Lam, at email@example.com. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the placement.
- How does this career align with your values, interests, and skills? Please refer to all three in your response. (200-250 words)
- Conduct research and describe at least 5 things you learned about this career area. Mention: industry trends, roles and responsibilities, educational or licensing requirements, professional designations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. For more details on the Extern Program, please visit cln.utoronto.ca.
Coordinator, Career Exploration
University of Toronto Career Centre | 214 College Street, Toronto, ON. M5T 2Z9