The SCS Lab (Social Cognitive Science Lab) at the University of Toronto St. George is looking for two passionate and dedicated part-time paid Research Assistants to work on various new studies in the lab. Specifically, the RA’s will assist with scheduling, recruiting, and running behavioural and fMRI participants for a variety of studies. Depending on your skillset, the tasks will include:
– contacting patient and non-patient populations to confirm their availability and schedule fMRI time slots
– preliminary fMRI screening
– running behavioural studies and assisting with neuroimaging studies
– obtaining consent and debriefing participants on the study
– recruiting research participants
– potentially assisting with neuroimaging analyses
– preparing data for analysis.
This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain research experience in psychology and neuroscience. Students interested in this position should:
– have a strong academic background in psychology, neuroscience or related fields
– be available to work 12-14 hours a week, and have a flexible schedule to run participants during the week
– have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
– be reliable and conscientious
– previous lab experience is an asset
– understanding of participant confidentiality and research ethics
– experience with R, Inquisit, Python, Matlab and/or other programming languages is an asset but not a requirement.
Students interested in applying should email their CV, cover letter and unofficial transcript to email@example.com. We are looking to hire in late January or the beginning of February, and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
For more information about our lab, please visit our website at http://socialneuro.psych.utoronto.ca