Volunteer Co-ordinators Cassandra Wang and Danielle Lim
* VOLUNTEER positions FOR THE WINTER SEMESTER are open. Click here to fill in the google form.
THE DEADLINE is Friday, January 27th, 2017 by 11:59pm *
As a member of the PSA volunteer team, you have the opportunity to take on any of the following roles:
Office Hour Holder
Office hour holders act as the backbone of all PSA volunteers. They are required to volunteer for at least one hour per week in the PSA office (SS509) during the office’s operating hours: Monday to Thursday 10am – 6pm, Friday 10am – 4pm. Office hour holders are responsible for …
- Providing general information about the PSA to newcomers;
- Directing visitors to the appropriate resources;
- Promoting PSA awareness and visibility;
- Assisting in keeping the office neat and tidy; and
- Maintaining a welcoming and supportive attitude in the office.
Please consider becoming an office hour holder if you are interested in gaining better insight into our undergraduate psychology community. Each office hour is shared between a group of at least three volunteers, meaning that volunteers are able to provide a service to our community, while also building and strengthening bonds within this community.
Also note that upon completing 12 hours of volunteering as an office hour holder, you will be eligible for a letter of reference. The following reference letter criteria apply:
- A minimum of 12 volunteer hours
- A reference letter request emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more than 3 absences during designated office hours
Class representatives form a vital link between the PSA and other psychology students. They are responsible for keeping classes updated on the events of the PSA and psychology department as a whole by engaging in the following:
- Distributing newsletters;
- Making announcements;
- Connecting with classmates; and
- Organizing study groups.
Although being a class representative requires a very small expenditure of time, it is a significant role, as it provides a very valuable service to fellow students and the PSA.
Like other committee members, members of the volunteer committee provide necessary support to the PSA’s executive team. Volunteer committee members work closely with the volunteer coordinators to …
- Prepare for volunteer events;
- Complete set-up and clean-up for such events;
- Ensure that all such events run as smoothly as possible; and
- Share ideas and opinions about past and future events.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, please fill out this online volunteer application form: PSA Volunteer Form. The deadline to submit your completed form for the Fall 2016 semester is *September 25th, 2016*, with volunteer committee applications due by *September 14th, 2016*.